Navigate to Hardware Types -> Device Types.
In the list of Device Types, click the chosen Device Type to open the Edit Device Type page.
- To be able to update the firmware of Devices registered using the chosen Device Type, the Device Type must contain Smart Object Type as Firmware Update.
- Firmware package can be configured either by uploading the Firmware package file or by configuring the external location of the Firmware package.
- When the Firmware package upgrade is initiated, DDM sends either internal or external URI to Device, so that the device can download the image.
In the Firmware Packages panel, click +Add.
- Title – Enter a name of the Firmware package.
- Version – Enter a version of Firmware Package.
- Build – Enter the build specifications. of Firmware package.
- Package URI – Enter the input URL
Note: The maximum length of the URI is 256 bytes. User entered URI is only validated syntactically. It is the user’s responsibility to configure the valid URI. See below example:
http://fotapackages.com https://fotapackages.com https://fotapackages.com?image=package.jpg coap://fotapackages.com coap+tcp://fotapackages.com coaps+tcp://fotapackages.com coaps+tcp://fotapackages.com/images/Fota1
- Browse – Browse and select the Firmware package file from the local file system.
Note: It is not possible to configure both Package URI and Firmware package at the same time in GUI.
Click Save to add the Firmware package.