A Transformer applies a transformation algorithm on incoming measurements and posts the result to a new Resource.
- Transformer Type: The Transformer implementation that defines the algorithm.
- Source Types: Specifies the resources that will supply the incoming values for transformation (Smart Object type –> instance –> Resource Type).
- Target Types: Specifies the resources that will receive the transformation result (Smart Object type –> instance –> Resource Type).
- Target Index: Index to map the target Resources if the transformation produces multiple results (for example, GPS), if applicable for the Transformer Type.
- Trigger Type:
- Single Resource: Only one source Resource is allowed.
- All Resources Updated: Apply transformation only when all source Resources have updated values since last transformation (when using multiple source Resources).
- Any Resource Updated: Apply transformation whenever any source Resource has an updated value (when using multiple source Resources).
- Timer: Apply transformation only at specified time intervals (milliseconds) if the source Resource(s) have updated values.
- Transformation Count: A statistics object added to all Devices containing a Transformer, holding the number of all performed transformations for the Device.
- Transformer Device: A stand-alone Transformer that is set up as virtual device, which applies a transformation algorithm using resources defined by a Resource Collection as the source. It can be used to transform values from several different Devices.
The following predefined transformers are available:
- Aggregator: Aggregates the value of the transformed resource(s).
- Calculator: Calculates a new value using one of the four basic arithmetical operations.
- Counter: Counts the number of times a value fulfills a specific condition. The count is only incremented if the previous measurement did not fulfill the condition but the latest one does.
- DewPoint: Calculates the dew point based on Temperature in Celsius and relative humidity. Using approximation ±1 °C when humidity > 50%.
- Timer: Calculates the total time that a specific condition is fulfilled.
- UpCount: Increments every time a new measurement has a higher value than the previous one.
Users can implement custom transformers using the Transformer SDK.
Upload: User-defined transformer types can be uploaded in Settings -> Transformer Types.
When uploading through Settings -> Transformer Types, the current Device Network is automatically selected.
Approve/Revoke: (This requires the custom permission TransformerReview)
Before a Transformer Type can be used, it must be approved.
Note: A new Transformer implementation should be reviewed before it is approved.
If the Transformer Type is not approved, it should be revoked.
Deactivate/Activate: (This requires the custom permission TransformerReview)
A Transformer Type that is in use can be deactivated. All transformations based on this Transformer Type will then be stopped until the Transformer Type is activated again.
To add a Transformer to a Device, configure the Transformer on a Device Template.
The Transformer is added to all Devices that use that Device Template.
Create a Transformer Device via the Action menu in a Location.