Actuators are triggered by Rules and act on Devices to produce concrete results, allowing for automation of processes such as switch on/off lights, opening/closing doors, and starting heating/cooling systems.
Navigation: Settings -> Event Settings -> +Create or click an Event -> Actuators panel: +Create New or click an Actuator
The Actuator page is where you configure Actuators to be added to an Event:
Name: enter a name for the Actuator.
Resource Collections: Select a Resource Collection in the dropdown list, or create a new Resource Collection.
Note: When selecting a Resource Collection in the Actuator view, Resources that allow Multiple Instances will be excluded from the list.
- Actuator restrictions: Select what Devices the Actuator should be able to target. Choose one of the following:
- No restrictions. All Devices in the Resource Collection will be targeted.
- Triggering device only: The actuation will only be sent to the Device that triggered the event.
- Triggering device including same Location: This will also include Devices within the Resource Collection that belong to the same Location as the Device that triggered the event.
- Triggering device including same Location and Sublocations: This will also include the Devices in the Sublocations.
- Write on activate: Select what the Actuator should write to Device(s) when the Rule is triggered.
- Write on reset: Select what the Actuator should write to Device(s) when the Rule resets.
Actuator Type: Choose between Resource Values or Firmware Upgrade. The portion of window below this setting changes according to your choice.
For Resource Values, in the displayed list of Resources, enter values for Write on activate and Write on reset for the desired Resource.
For Firmware Upgrade, select the desired Device Type and Firmware version. To be available to an Actuator, Firmware Upgrade packages must have been uploaded by using the configuration window of the specified Device Type.
The value for Firmware version is provided by the user when uploading the firmware package. The platform does not place restrictions on this value.