Accessing the API using the GUI
A key is necessary to access the Admin API. This section provides instructions on how to create a key for the Admin API.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Settings button.
- Select API Keys. The API Keys page is displayed.
- Click +Create. The API Keys setup window opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the key.
- In the Expiration Date field, edit the default expiration date if needed.
- In the Roles section, click to place a check mark in the box to assign a role to the key.
Note: Only user accounts with the selected roles can access the API Key. Select as many as needed.
- Click ✓Save. A message confirms that the operation was successful. The new key is automatically generated. The API Keys setup window closes, and the new API key appears in the list.
Accessing the GUI using the IoT Accelerator
To be able to access an API of an IoT Accelerator service, an API call from a client application needs to include the following:
- An access token, used as the authentication header of the API call
- The relevant API endpoint URL
- X-DeviceNetwork header
Access Token for Basic Authentication
Access Token for OIDC Authentication
The application first requests an access token from the Identity and Access Management solution of IoT Accelerator, then use this access token in the API call towards the API gateway provided by API Management. The response contains the access token and additional information, for example, token expiry time, refresh token, scope of authentication, and so on. The application uses the received information in the API call towards API Management.
API Endpoint URLs
In IoT Accelerator, the URL to access an API endpoint consists of parts that can be found on the API Documentation page.
The API gateway address, which is added in the input box at the top right, can be used as resource URL.
When navigating to the API Documentation page from the IoT Accelerator Portal, the API gateway address is already specified.
The resource path of an API is specified below the list of API resources.
|The identities of API endpoints are listed under each API resource.|